A strong foundation of basic networking concepts is fundamental to a successful career in information technology. Networking technologies underlie all IT activities and a strong comprehension of the hardware and protocols used to create networks is essential to future success.
In this course, you will learn how to configure a workstation to connect to a network, analyze network traffic using a protocol analyzer, examine switch and router configurations, perform basic IPv4 addressing and subnetting, and research network security solutions. You will gain an understanding of basic network functions, standards, and protocols, to prepare you to tackle advanced networking skills
Who should attend?
- Those embarking on a career in the IT industry a basic understanding of the concept of networking.Â
- Anyone who wishes to gain a solid networking foundation in a real world, multi-vendor environment or take the first step in preparing for a career as an IT professional.
- Entry-level and newly hired technical professionals, including PC support, help desk, and networking professionals
- Sales and marketing professionals looking to increase their ability to communicate with technical professionals and increase sales
- Technical professionals looking to strengthen core skill before pursuing advanced topics and certifications
This course will prepare you for Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Exam: 98-366 – Networking Fundamentals.
In this course you will learn all you need to know to pass the exam and apply your skills in the real world scenarios.
- Overview of network topologies and concepts
- Routers and switches
- Wireless and access points
- Security, including firewalls and UTM
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Network protocols and services
- Basic subnetting
- Real world examples
- Remote support
- Quizzes to help you pass the exam
- Introduction to Networking
- Network Standards
- Physical Network Connections
- Ethernet LANs
- Ethernet Switching
- Wireless LANs
- IP Addressing
- IPv4 Subnetting
- TCP and UDP
- Support and Management Protocols
- Wide Area Networks
- Communications Protocols
- Web Protocols
- Network Security
- Emerging Networking Technologies
- Basics knowledge of computer hardware, software, mobile computing, networking, troubleshooting, and emerging technologies.
Duration: 15 Hours
Fees: Â $150
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes