Performance Management is making sure the employee and the organization are focused on the same priorities. It touches on the organization itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the employee manager relationship. The key in keeping an organization and employee aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is Performance Management.
When changes occur Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employee have a stream-lined relationship which improves communication and interactions between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an employee’s skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of project management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolbâ€™s Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.
- A certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the course.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: The Basics (I)
Module Three: The Basics (II)
Module Four: Goal Setting
Module Five: Establishing Performance Goals
Module Six: 360 Degree Feedback
Module Seven: Competency Assessments
Module Eight: Kolbâ€™s Learning Cycle
Module Nine: Motivation
Module Ten: The Performance Journal
Module Eleven: Creating a Performance Plan
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Duration: 12 Hours
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes