This course is designed to help small business owners and managers learn essential fanincial skills. It will explain to them the reasons so many small businesses fail and it will teach them sound financial management such as tracking their accounting, managing their operating cycle, and forecasting cash flow. These Strategies can mean the difference between success and failure.
Who should attend?
- Current and future small business owners and managers.
Learning Outcomes and Program Features
- Understanding the fundamental language of small business finance and what different terms mean, in practical way
- Creating your own business budget, tailored to your numbers
- Knowing what questions to ask your bookkeeper and/or accountant to get the best out of them.
- Discovering they types of business finance reports that will make most sense to you to let you know how your business is performing at any time
- Youâ€™ll receive numerous handouts and training resources to support your learning and finance skill development
- A certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the course.
In this course you will:
- Examine the key elements of financial planning
- Formulate or review your own budget
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability
- Discover tools to make managing your business finances easy
- Uncover ways to make numbers align to your business goals
- Learn what to ask your accountant to be sure you get the best tax advantages
- Understand how to get the best deals from your suppliers
- Realize ways to get paid on time
- Discover ways that your customers can help you save
- Uncover the role that outsourcing plays in small business money management
- Be introduced to tools to make it easy to manage your businessâ€™ financial information safely and on the go.
- What is financial management
- Cash flow and Profitability
- How do I set financial goals and outcomes
- How do I prepare a budget
- What is Cost of Sales and what are Expenses
- Cash flow management
- Ways to improve profitability
- How to generate more cash flow in your small business
- Cash flow projections â€“ ensure thereâ€™s money coming in the door
- Business Structures â€“ pros and cons of having the right corporate structure
Duration: 15 Hours
- None other than the desire to learn.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes